Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ramblings on one of my dad's quotes - Rule #41

Wouldn't it be so much easier if our mind worked exactly like this?

Dad's Rule #41: "People who fail to compartmentalize fail to succeed."

Meaning: Kinda self-explanatory. In life, if you get your proverbial peas into your proverbial mashed potatoes, you're going to have a hard time living life. Crappy day at home? Don't bring that into work. Crappy day at work? Don't bring that into the house. Doesn't mean don't share your feelings with someone. Rather, it means don't let one aspect of your life negatively effect another. It's a sign of weakness and is ultimately unprofessional and no one wants to work with someone with those characteristics.

It's not always easy and no one does it perfectly but I think it's something to keep in mind and work on.

I'm definitely still in training. I think I've gotten better at it, though. Then again, I've always felt that I've been better at compartmentalising than most girls. Maybe I'm still more of a tomboy at heart than I thought! Oh deeeear... Haha!

<3

No comments: