Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ramblings on the upcoming holiday!

I'd like to leave my heart here this time.

So, it seems my dad has been organizing a family holiday to San Francisco! And, unlike last time, it won't be with a travel service. Oh lawd, that was miserable. I felt like a herd of cattle. And the tour guide was this Korean guy who "used to be" an English teacher before he emigrated... and he had his American history ALL wrong. I'm a history geek so it really, really bugged me.

A few things that I've learned from the last time I was there:

- It's freezing so take warm clothing.
- No, seriously. It's freakin' cold.
- The clam chowder at Boudin's is possibly the best thing on Earth.
- Alcatraz is badass. I should've done a walking tour.
- Don't eat Chinese food from that one place the tour guide took us. It was atrocious.
- Don't buy souvenirs from that one store near Pier 39. It was a bloody rip off.
- Take motion sickness pills with you.

That's it for now. I'll be taking my Macbook with me on the trip along with my camera so expect a few new pictures on my flickr stream. :D

Ciao!

No comments: